Friday, March 22, 2013

Reusable and Upcycle Growing Containers

You don't need to go out and buy seed starting containers. You can find these seed starting containers right in your own household.



Egg carton 
The Hairy Vetch and Blue Bachelor seeds are already coming up. 
I also planted sunflowers, rose moss, blue forget me nots, canterbury, impatients, love in a mist, yucca, & Himalayan poppy.


Magazine paper, except I really should've used newspaper. So far only the Brussels sprouts and bok choi have come out.... 

I used some strawberry/blueberry containers that already have drainage and I have a few yogurt cups as well.


The soil looked really ugly on this baby spider so I covered it up with shells I've collected over the years. 


Most of my seeds this year have been left overs or seed trades but I couldn't resist when I stopped by my local nursery to pick these up. 
I've never seen Columbines before, I really like Dahlias but have never planted them before. Chamomile tea is delicious and can't wait to grow these. Of course I am a fan of carnations, they are supposedly hard to grow but I'll try it anyway. 



Spider baby updates! Every part that flowers will have a baby at the end of it. I will have tons of babies by summer I hope! 

No comments:

Post a Comment